NHS AfC: Band 7
- Senior Pharmacist
- NHS AfC: Band 7
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Harplands Hospital
- £41,659 - £47,672 per annum
- 25/09/2022 23:59
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and skilled Pharmacist (permanent Band 7 role working 37.5 hours per week ) to join a dedicated team who are committed to developing the service and ensuring patients receive excellent expert pharmaceutical care.
The service is based at the Harplands Hospital where training, competencies and on-going support and professional development will be tailored to meet your individual needs.
Main duties of the job
Individual CPD advice will be available through clinical supervision and the Education Team. The CPD offer includes the opportunity to be exposed to different specialisms to widen your breadth of experience, skills and knowledge. We are fully committed to personal development, encouraging all staff to undertake relevant education and training to meet their needs.
You will need to be organised, well-motivated and have excellent communication and people skills, as well having the ability to adapt quickly to new situations.
Working for our organisation
North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust is a leading provider of mental health, social care, learning disability and substance misuse services in the West Midlands.
We are on an incredible journey of innovation and we'd like you to be part of it. To excel you will be an enthusiastic, caring and compassionate registered professional who is looking to work within a Trust that is ambitious to perform well, and has been told by the Care Quality Commission that it is the fastest improving Mental Health Trust in the Country.
We are extremely proud to have attained the highest possible rating of “Outstanding” from the Care Quality Commission (CQC), one of only two specialist Mental Health Trusts in England to be awarded this.
Our vision is ‘To be Outstanding in all we do and how we do it’ and the way we do inclusion is no exception. As a ‘Disability Confident Employer’, we very much believe that inclusion is something that you feel when you work at the Trust and we are continuously developing our culture of inclusion. Our teams pride themselves on compassion, team work and resilience.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
You must be, or about to be, registered as a Pharmacist with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC). Applications are welcome from all sectors of pharmacy practice, including community, primary care, industry and academia.
This is a full time post, with commitment required to evening, weekend, Bank Holiday and on-call duties as per rota.
- M.Pharm or equivalent pharmacy degree
- Registration as practising member of General Pharmaceutical Council
- Evidence of formal Continuing Professional Development at a post-graduate level e.g. completion or working towards a diploma or certificate
- College of Mental Health pharmacy member
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society GB member
- Management qualification at Certificate level or above
- PG Diploma / certificate in Mental health Pharmacy
- Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy
- Suitable post registration experience
- Good understanding of the pharmaceutical needs of Mental health and learning disabilities service users including clinical pharmacy relevant to the client group
- Working with mental health team / service
- Evidence of writing procedures, guidelines or protocols
- Experience of project and audit management
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of Standard operating procedures for dispensaries and clinical pharmacy
- Computer literate: working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels including presentations
- Good practical knowledge of hospital pharmacy
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Claire Ault
- Job title
- Principal Pharmacist (Clinical)
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01782 441604